Saturday, August 15, 2009

Lunch With Corey, Part One



I was in beautiful Jackson Hole, Wyoming a couple of weeks ago, photographing an amazing wedding. I have never been to that part of the country, and I have to say that I was completely bowled over. It is utterly stunning, and filled with wildlife (we saw herds of buffalo, a moose, a fox, eagles...it was breathtaking).

I posted a while back about New West KnifeWorks - Corey Milligan, the owner of the company, which is based in Jackson, invited me and my pal Suzi (who helped me shoot the wedding) to lunch at his house. Corey has the most fantastic garden, and I just had to photograph it to show you...

The raised beds are made from recycled horse troughs. In real life, the rebar holds the hay...in this version, it functions as trellising...









This is Corey's modernist chicken coop...sad to say, a fox got in about a week before we got there...no more chickens :(



Our Host:



More To Come...our lunch menu with recipes, knife making, and mushroom foraging...
Also, be sure and check out Corey's Blog!

XOXOX
Happy Saturday!

Yvette

No comments: